Perhaps these will provide a useful list of Apps for RVers. The following Apps are what we use on a daily basis. These are specifically focused on some aspect of RVing—no games, banking, or other stuff—RVing only!!!
- WalMart… A free App that is an instant store finder. It gives you phone numbers so you can call to ask about boondocking and I use it for their pharmacy.
- Post Office… A free App that is an instant post office finder from USPS.
- Skype… A free App that allows you to make a free phone call to any other Skype user in the world using your iPad.
- Passport America… A free App from PA that is an instant discount campground finder.
- AllStays Camp & RV… One of the most extensive I’ve seen for campground data and a wide variety of RVing stops, this App includes…
–16,825 campgrounds… National Parks, State Parks, BLM, National Forests, Army Corps of Engineers facilities, and private campgrounds
–2,800 Truck Stops listing amenities, if RVs are welcome, and what else is nearby
–Sam’s Club, WalMart, Cracker Barrel, and Costco ” Overnight Parking such as casinos and other options
- State Line… All the bits and pieces of info you need when entering a state such as speed limits, average sales tax, driving rules, seatbelt laws, “right on red” laws, max lengths, time zones, and alcohol laws, to name a few.
- iExit… ALL the services at ALL the Interstate exits including Rest Areas and Welcome Center locations
- GasBuddy… Prices of gas or diesel at nearly every city/town in the USA.
- WunderMap… I believe this is from Accuweather and is quick and easy to use.
- Hi-Def Radar… The free VERY current weather radar from NOAA. Sometimes the moving images are less than 4 minutes old.
- Weather Radio… This app was $9.99 BUT provides automatic storm warnings from NOAA. You set this up for warnings in five different locations. It will announce the storm warning even if the device (iPhone or iPad) is turned OFF! Put it beside the bed and it will wake you with any warnings.
- Tribal Casinos… A good listing of casinos by state and good search function. We boondock at casinos frequently.
- Blue Beacon… With over a 100 locations, this is the best truck wash anywhere and they do a great job on my coach for $38.50.
I use a Rand McNalley GPS and while it works fine (for my needs), their call-in technical support was pretty awful. I do NOT use any App from them.
The above Apps are all specifically related to RVing. This is not a “my App is better than your App” message but an attempt to learn if other Apps are being used – again, specifically related to RVing – that are helpful. I use all of these frequently. If you use others for RVing, please let me know. For anyone wishing to contact me, please e-mail me at… firstname.lastname@example.org